Dynamic Defensive Handgun is an Intuitive shooting course designed to help the student be more Efficient with a Defensive Firearm in the context of a Dynamic Critical Incident.
This is a one day course that will expose the student to all the core principles and fundamentals of the Intuitive Defensive Shooting Program.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Defensive Shooting & Intuitive Skill Development
- Defensive Accuracy
- Lateral Movement
- The Balance of Speed & Precision
- The Critical Incident Reload
- Volume of Fire
- Realistic Training for Multiple Target Engagement
- Understanding the Body’s Natural Reactions during a Dynamic Critical Incident
- The Skill Development Cycle
- One Handed & Weak Handed Shooting
Dynamic Defensive Handgun is not designed to make you the best shooter you can be on the range; rather it’s goal is to help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you can apply in a worse case scenario defensive shooting situation.
Students will fire a minimum of 400-500 rounds. Students are welcomed to bring more ammunition, there are specific drills that round count may be increased.
What to Bring
- Handgun and 3 mags, 5 for single stack
- Minimum 500 rds of target ammunition
- Rigid holster, Kydex material, Hybrid, most importantly something you can re-holster safely with one hand
- Mag pouch if desired
- Ear and eye protection
- Hydration and food
- Notepad and writing implement as you may want to take notes
- Dress for the weather
NOTE: We recommend taking the Fundamentals of Concealed Carry Course or Intro to Defensive Handgun prior to taking this course.
* Cancellations must be within 48 hours of the date of the class and subjected to a refund fee of 3-5%. No shows are non-refundable and can be rescheduled*