This class is designed to educate the student about Home Defense Tactics, the best firearms for Home Defense and how to use them efficiently in the context of an imminent home invasion or other threatening situation. You will learn the necessary skills and tactics to defend yourself and your loved ones from an invader in the home.
The recommended handguns, ammunition, staging vs storage will all be presented. We will also cover the 5 Fundamentals of Home Defense and the aftermath of a defensive shooting.
The context of the course is the imminent threat of a Home Invasion with the potential of a Lethal Threat beyond two arms length or more.
The shooting portion of this class is based on the concepts and principles of the Combat Focus Shooting Program & Tactics taught by I.C.E. Training Company. This is an intuitive shooting program that works well with what the body does naturally.
The course will start with roughly 2 hrs of class and will move to the live fire drills shortly after. On the range we will cover, Critical Incident Reloads, Kinesthetically Aligned Defensive Shooting, proper use of sights, The Balance of Speed and Precision and much more.
What You Will Need:
- A mid to full size handgun.
- 3 magazines for double stack-5 for single stack.
- 200 rds of target or ball ammo.(No reloads please)
- Eye and ear protection(electronics preferred).
- Notepad and pen.
- Lunch and plenty of hydration.
- Closed toed shoes, long pants, a closed neck shirt and sunblock. Dress for the weather
* Cancellations must be within 48 hours of the date of the class and subject to a refund fee of 3-5%. No shows are non-refundable.*